Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lack of snooze button on my alarm cat...



Yes, my cat still continues to be my alarm cat, including weekends. However, for the past week, his timing has been off by 30 minutes. 30 minutes shouldn't be a big deal. I should welcome the 30 minutes. I could work out with the Wii Fit for 30 minutes.

...but at 4:30 am?

This morning, he tried to wake me up at 4:30 am. I refused. He batted my face with his paw and gave a loud "Meow". When he first started doing this, I thought it was cute. At 4:30 am for the past week, he needs a snooze button.

He tried for 10 minutes. I just put the cover over my head. He got the message. He left.

5:09 am, he tried again. This time, during his usual loud "MEOW", he stretched and I started to feel his claw going through my thigh.
I knew what was next. He bumps his head against my face. When that doesn't stir me up, he sits on my face. He's a strange cat.

He did get what he wanted. I was drinking coffee by 5:12 am.

No comments: